We love tacos. You might have noticed.
These are Asian tacos. Therefore they are fusion food. So you are instantly one of the cool kids if you make them.
Recipe adapted from Hello Fresh
1/2 lb ground pork
4 oz. red cabbage, shredded or chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mayonaisse
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
4 small flour tortillas
1 tsp water
2 green onions
1 tsp Moo Shu spice blend*
salt & pepper
- Thinly slice green onions, keeping greens & white separate. Thinly slice radishes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, hoisin sauce, & water. Stir until smooth. Ass more water if necessary to create a sauce consistency.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add onion whites and cabbage. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add pork & moo shu spice blend to pan with veggies. Season with salt & pepper. Break up meat. Cook until browned. Stir in soy sauce. Set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high until warm (about 30 seconds).
- Divide pork & veggie mix between tortillas. Drizzle with hoisin mayo & top with onion greens & radishes.
*Moo Shu spice blend: 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, sprinkle of garlic powder