This recipe comes courtesy of a Hello Fresh meal. While the meal itself was only passable, these carrots were delicious and I will definitely be making them again.
carrots (baby or regular, as many as your family needs)
1 tsp cumin
1 sprig thyme
2 cloves garlic
1 T olive oil
Original recipe via Hello Fresh
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel carrots, quarter, then cut into 2 inch pieces. (If using baby carrots, just halve them lengthwise.)
- Strip thyme leaves from the spring and chop. Mince garlic. Juice lemon.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 the cumin, garlic, a splash of lemon juice, 1/2 the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Toss carrots in mixture, then spread on baking sheet lined with foil. Roast for ~20 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and thyme to bowl and stir together again.
- Remove carrots from oven. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve.