I’m not much for s’mores or rice krispies, but if you like either, this easy dessert is for you!
Original Recipe from Macaroni & Cheesecake
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows (~6 cups)
- 1 12 oz. package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 8 cups Golden Graham cereal (one 12 oz. box)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place package of chocolate chips in the freezer to chill. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan, set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in 5 cups of marshmallows and stir until almost completely melted. Stir in vanilla if desired. Remove from heat and transfer butter mixture to a large mixing bowl and add cereal, stirring to coat. Once cereal is coated, remove chocolate chips from freezer and add to cereal mixture. Also add in the remaining cup of marshmallows. Gently stir until evenly distributed.
- Press cereal mixture into prepared baking pan. Cover and refrigerate until set. Turn out onto cutting board and cut into squares. Keep stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator.Makes approximately 20-24 bars depending on how big you cut them.