Fish tacos are pretty straightforward. They require a tortilla, fish, and slaw. And that’s pretty much it. Which makes them perfect for you.
Original recipe from Centsational Girl
Ingredients for 8 tacos:
8 white corn tortillas
2 tbsp butter
3 or 4 fresh tilapia fillets
½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
¼ cup light mayo
3 limes (1 for dressing, 2 for tacos)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 chipotle pepper (in adobo sauce)
½ tsp adobo sauce
pinch of salt
1/3 head green cabbage
1/2 head red cabbage
1 cup matchstick (thinly sliced) carrots
- Remove seeds from 1 chipotle pepper. Dice.
- Add pepper, 1/2 tsp. adobo sauce, and a handful of cilantro into bowl. Blend with immersion blender (or regular blender) until finely chopped. Add yogurt, mayo, vinegar, a small pinch of salt and a squeeze of lime.
- Slice cabbage thin & mix in matchstick carrots.
- Pour dressing over slaw and blend together.
- Cook tilapia. Place on warm tortilla & sprinkle with lime juice.
- Top with slaw and avocado, plus more cilantro as needed.