You’re probably thinking that’s butter on that corn. But you’re wrong. It’s mayonnaise. M-A-Y-O-N-N-A-I-S-E. And believe me, you will like it. Because it basically serves the same purpose as butter, but with lots more flavor. Especially if you like the cracked pepper olive oil mayo, which we obviously do. Heat this any way you like: grill, oven, griddle, whatever floats your boat. Just leave it in the husk please.
Original recipe from Little Spice Jar
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (ancho chile powder works too) (see note)
- 1 lime, quartered
- If you are going to bake the corn, leave the husks on. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place the corn covered in husks directly on the oven rack and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the corn is tender and juicy. If you are going to grill the corn, you can leave the corn husks on or take them off for some pretty grill marks.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder with the mayonnaise. Place the cotija cheese in a shallow baking dish or a plate. When the corn is done, remove husks and brush the corn with the garlic mayonnaise. Roll in the cotija cheese and sprinkle with cilantro and chili powder. Serve with the lime wedges to squeeze over the corn.