Does this even need a description? It’s a bread pudding that tastes like the gooey center of a cinnamon roll. Just make it already.
Adapted from Something Swanky
- 8 cups old stale bite-sized bread pieces
- 3 large eggs
- a little over 1/2 cup agave nectar (5/8 cup)
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, halved or chopped
- Prepare an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and spraying well with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all of the bread pieces into the baking dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, maple or vanilla extract, cinnamon, and the salt.
- Pour evenly over the bread pieces. Use a rubber spatula to push and “prod” the bread pieces around in the dish until all are coated in the syrupy mixture. Let sit for a little while until bread has absorbed some liquid.
- Bake at 375º for 45 minutes. Top with cream cheese icing.