This is hands down our favorite pizza to make. The lemon and arugula are a great combination, and who can say no to prosciutto? We use premade Publix multigrain pizza dough, which crisps up nicely and holds up to a solid amount of topping.
Original recipe from Food Network Magazine.
1 recipe pizza dough, room temperature
cornmeal (for rolling)
spices & herbs for crust (red pepper flakes, rosemary, oregano, coarse salt, pepper, etc.)
1/2 block low-moisture whole milk mozzarella, cut into thick slices
2-3 slices prosciutto
large handful arugula
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 shallot, minced
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Place pizza stone in oven. Heat oven to 450.
2. Dust rolling surface with cornmeal. Roll out pizza dough to 1/4 thickness.
3. Quickly pull pizza stone from oven, place dough on stone, and return to oven.
4. Bake for 8 minutes, or until dough starts to brown very lightly.
5. Remove from oven. Sprinkle crust with spices & herbs & brush crust with olive oil.
6. Arrange mozzarella on crust. Return to oven.
7. Bake until cheese is melted, 2-6 minutes.
8. Pull pizza from oven. Tear prosciutto into small pieces and arrange on pizza. Return pizza to oven. Bake 2 minutes to crisp prosciutto.
9. While prosciutto crisps, toss arugula, shallots, and salt & pepper in a bowl.
10. Remove pizza from oven. Top with arugula mixture. Cut into slices & eat.